Update: SIU Releases Name of Woman Killed in Hamilton Vehicle Incident
Case Number: 12-OVD-098
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-OVD-098
Mississauga (10 April, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is continuing to probe the circumstances surrounding the death of 38-year-old Bibi Shazeena Ally of Cambridge. She died after being involved in a motor vehicle collision in the Hamilton area on Friday.
The Hamilton Police Service (HPS) reported the following information to the SIU:
• At approximately 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 6, 2012, officers from HPS were in the area of Concession 5 West and Middletown Road in West Flamborough awaiting the start of a bicycle race;
• A vehicle approached the intersection, northbound on Middletown Road;
• The vehicle proceeded through the intersection of Middletown Road and Concession 5 West and entered a ditch where it struck a tree;
• Ms. Ally was the sole occupant of the vehicle, and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Four investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1925 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1925.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342