Update: SIU Releases Name of Woman Injured in Scarborough Motor Vehicle Collision
Case Number: 12-TVI-244
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-TVI-244
Mississauga (24 August, 2012) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is continuing to probe the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained yesterday by 57-year-old Sharon Lamonday of Scarborough, and a Toronto Police Service officer.
The Toronto Police Service (TPS) contacted the SIU and reported the following:
• Shortly after 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 23, 2012, a TPS officer was traveling southbound on Midland Avenue to respond to a call;
• On Midland Avenue, between Lawrence Avenue East and Ellesmere Road, there was a collision between the officer’s vehicle and the vehicle being driven northbound by Ms. Lamonday;
• The officer and Ms. Lamonday were taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre for treatment of serious but non-life threatening injuries. The officer sustained a fractured and dislocated pelvis, and Ms. Lamonday sustained multiple fractures. They both remain in hospital.
Three investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist from the SIU are investigating the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-641-1866 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1866.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342