SIU Investigates Shooting Death in Scarborough
Case Number: 13-TFD-130
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-TFD-130
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit is probing the circumstances surrounding the shooting death of a male this evening in Scarborough.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• Sometime before 6:00 p.m. on June 8, 2013, officers with the Toronto Police Service responded to the area of Adanac Drive in Scarborough;
• As a result of an ensuing interaction between police and the man who had a knife, the man sustained gunshot wounds. He was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital but was pronounced deceased.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and three forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2150 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2150.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Steven Gibbons, Steven.Gibbons@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342