Case Number: 14-PVI-106
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-PVI-106
Mississauga (11 May, 2014) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the vehicle injuries sustained by a 42-year-old man yesterday evening in Peterborough.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On Saturday, May 10, 2014 at approximately 5:00 p.m., an officer with the Ontario Provincial Police Service attempted to stop a vehicle on Hwy #7 and Old Keene Road;
• About 300 metres east of Old Keene Road on Hwy #7, the vehicle was involved in a collision with another civilian vehicle;
• The driver of the vehicle being investigated was taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries;
• Two occupants of the other vehicle were also taken to Peterborough General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The SIU has assigned five investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1866 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1866, or via the SIU’s website at www.siu.on.ca.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Oliver Gordon, Oliver.Gordon@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342