SIU Investigates Single Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton
Case Number: 15-OVI-074
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OVI-074
Mississauga (19 April, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a single motor vehicle collision on Rutherford Road South in Brampton.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 12:20 a.m. on April 19, 2015, an officer with the Peel Regional Police Service was conducting an investigation of a motor vehicle near the intersection of Clark Blvd. and Heart Lake Road South;
- The vehicle fled and was located on Rutherford Road South where it had collided with a hydro pole;
- Both male occupants of the vehicle were taken to hospital. The passenger in the vehicle suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Four investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist have been assigned to investigate this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529 Ext. 2293.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Lenard Shaw, Lenard.B.Shaw@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342