SIU Investigating Death of Man in London
Case Number: 15-OCD-106
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-106
Mississauga (1 June, 2015) --- Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a man’s death in London this weekend.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 30, 2015, officers with the London Police Service attended an address in London regarding the welfare of an 18-year-old male;
- Shortly before midnight, a friend located the male in a nearby bog and he notified officers;
- Officers performed CPR on the male until paramedics and fire department personnel arrived;
- The man was transported to Victoria Hospital;
- He was pronounced dead at 1:05 a.m. on Sunday, May 31, 2015.
The SIU has assigned two investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. A postmortem examination will be conducted tomorrow.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342