SIU Investigates Death in Bluewater
Case Number: 15-PCD-254
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCD-254
- Just before 6:00 p.m. on November 1, 2015, OPP officers responded to a call for a distraught female in the waters of Lake Huron at the foot of Pavilion Road.
- The Coast Guard was summoned and located the 32-year-old female several hundred feet from shore.
- She was retrieved from the water and taken to Clinton Hospital, where she was declared deceased.
- The Coroner’s Office has been notified.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897