SIU Investigates Death in Brighton Township
Case Number: 15-PCD-279
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCD-279
- Around 9:30 p.m. on November 19, 2015, Ontario Provincial Police stopped a vehicle on County Road 30 between Old Wooler Road and Donaldson Road.
- The female driver of the stopped vehicle experienced medical distress.
- Paramedics attended and transported her to Trenton Memorial Hospital.
- She was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after midnight.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342