SIU Closes Investigation into Brighton Death
Case Number: 15-PCD-279
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PCD-279
- Around 9:30 p.m., an Ontario Provincial Police officer stopped a vehicle on County Road 30 between Old Wooler Road and Donaldson Road.
- The 65-year-old female driver advised the officer she was having trouble breathing.
- The officer immediately requested paramedics, who attended the scene and transported the woman to Trenton Memorial Hospital.
- She was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after midnight.
- A subsequent post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be a ruptured atherosclerotic abdominal aortic aneurysm.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897