SIU Investigating a Crash at the Scene of a Fatal Collision in Binbrook
Case Number: 15-PVI-310
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-PVI-310
- Just before 8:00 p.m. Monday night, Hamilton Police closed the road at Highway 56 and Kirk Road. Officers were investigating a pedestrian struck and killed at that intersection.
- Close to 8:30 p.m., the Ontario Provincial Police notified the Hamilton Police of a robbery suspect in a vehicle driving towards the intersection.
- The suspect vehicle failed to stop at the scene and collided with another vehicle carrying a 58-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl.
- The man was transported to hospital with a broken clavicle. The girl was uninjured.
- The 29-year-old robbery suspect was arrested at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342