SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Morning Fight that Ended with Arrest and Injured Arm
Case Number: 16-OCI-149
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-149
- Just after 11:00 a.m. on June 10, Peel Regional Police received a number of 911 calls about several youths fighting outside a home on Bartley Bull Parkway.
- Before responding officers arrived at the scene, two off-duty officers intervened to stop the fighting.
- A 17-year-old male suffered a broken arm.
- One off-duty officer is with Peel Regional Police. The other is employed with the Guelph Police Service.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342