SIU Investigating Collision between OPP Cruiser and Vehicle East of Prescott
Case Number: 16-PVI-150
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-PVI-150
- Shortly before 9:00 p.m. on June 10, an OPP officer was responding to a call.
- The officer was driving eastbound along County Road 2.
- At Mary Street, the officer’s cruiser collided with a vehicle that was attempting to make a left turn from County Road 2 onto Mary Street.
- The 63-year-old male driver of the vehicle suffered serious injuries. He was taken to Brockville General Hospital and then airlifted to Kingston General Hospital.
- The officer suffered minor injuries to one hand.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342