Sarnia Police Service Officer Charged with Assault Cause Bodily Harm
Case Number: 16-OCI-119
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OCI-119
- Shortly after 6:00 p.m. on May 12, 2016, Sarnia Police received a call for a disturbance at the intersection of Capel Street and Exmouth Street.
- There was an interaction between an officer and a 16-year-old female youth.
- The youth was taken to Bluewater Health, where she was treated for a broken arm.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342