Man Suffers Head Injury in Arrest in Toronto; SIU Appealing for Witnesses
Case Number: 16-TCI-165
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-TCI-165
- At 6:00 p.m. on June 24, Toronto Police received a call for a fight at St. Clair West subway station.
- A short time later, police officers located a man who was involved in the fight. He was located 100 metres west of the station, on St. Clair Ave. West.
- There was an interaction between the man and several police officers.
- The 50-year-man suffered a serious head injury and was transported to Sunnybrook Health Science Centre.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342