SIU Investigating Death in Timmins
Case Number: 15-OCD-096
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-096
- At approximately 8 p.m. on Monday, May 18, 2015, there was a collision between a car and pickup truck in the area of Shirley Street and Sandy Falls Road;
- Timmins Police Service officer arrived on scene shortly after, and noticed that the male driver of the car and his female passenger had sustained injuries. The man was taken into custody by the police. Both individuals were transported to hospital;
- The man was later pronounced dead in hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342