OPP Officer Charged in Relation to Arrest of Woman in North Grenville
Case Number: 16-PCI-286
- In the early morning hours of Monday, November 14, 2016, officers were dispatched to a residence in North Grenville after 911 received a call. The officers spoke with a 53-year-old woman who lived in the residence, and then left.
- The officers returned to the woman’s home a short time later. There was an interaction between the officers and the woman, and she was subsequently arrested.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342