SIU Appealing for Witnesses after Man Sustains Injuries in Oshawa
Case Number: 17-OCI-094
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-094
- At approximately 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, plainclothes DRPS officers arrested a 35-year-old man in the area of Celina Street and Bruce Street.
- As a result of the interaction, the man sustained injuries.
- He was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342