SIU Lays Charges against Two London Police Service Officers
Case Number: 16-OCI-154
- In the afternoon hours of Thursday, June 16, 2016, officers responded to a plaza in the area of Base Line Road East and Wharncliffe Road South after receiving a call.
- While at the plaza, there was an interaction with a man.
- The interaction continued in front of an apartment building on Highland Avenue.
- The man sustained injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342