SIU Lays Charges against Two London Police Service Officers
Case Number: 16-OCI-154
- In the afternoon hours of Thursday, June 16, 2016, officers responded to a plaza in the area of Base Line Road East and Wharncliffe Road South after receiving a call.
- While at the plaza, there was an interaction with a man.
- The interaction continued in front of an apartment building on Highland Avenue.
- The man sustained injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342