SIU Investigators Attend Niagara Falls Motel to Investigate Serious Head Injury
Case Number: 17-OCI-128
- Around 4:00 a.m., Niagara Regional Police received a call for a disturbance at a motel on Lundy’s Lane near Kalar Road.
- Officers arrived and interacted with several persons.
- A 42-year-old man from St. Catharines was arrested.
- After his arrest, the man was taken to hospital and treated for a serious head injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897