SIU Investigating after Man Sustains Injuries in Windsor
Case Number: 17-OCI-140
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-140
- Shortly after midnight on June 11, 2017, Windsor Police Service officers went to a residence in the area of Wyandotte Street East and Howard Avenue to make an arrest.
- After attempting to negotiate with the man, officers entered the residence at 5:30 a.m.
- There was an interaction, and the man sustained dog bite injuries.
- The man was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342