SIU Investigation Started After Man Suffers Facial Injury in Search Warrant Execution
Case Number: 17-OCI-143
- Around 5:00 a.m. on June 15, 2017, London Police Service officers were assisting Toronto Police Service officers with the execution of a search warrant at an apartment in the Jane Street and Shoreham Drive area in Toronto.
- The police officers interacted with a man.
- The man – believed to be in his 60s – suffered a serious facial injury and was transported to hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897