SIU Appealing for Information after Man Sustains Injuries in Whitby
Case Number: 17-OCI-148
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-148
- At approximately 2:20 a.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017, two vehicles were involved in a collision on Highway 401 near Highway 412.
- An occupant from one of the vehicles fled the scene.
- Shortly after, Durham Regional Police Service officers located the man in a nearby field and he was arrested.
- The man was taken to the police station, and later to the hospital where he was diagnosed with serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342