SIU Investigating Police-involved Shooting at Plaza in Mississauga
Case Number: 17-OFD-193
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OFD-193
- Around 1:50 a.m., Peel Regional Police received a call about a robbery at a gas station in a plaza at Creditview Road and Britannia Road in Mississauga.
- The initial call indicated three young males involved in the robbery.
- Before police officers arrived, two of the young males fled in a grey vehicle.
- The third young male attempted to rob another establishment. He also attempted – but was unable – to enter three vehicles with persons inside those vehicles.
- When police officers arrived, they located the young male outside the bank in the plaza.
- There was an interaction and one police officer discharged a firearm.
- The young male – who is 15-years-old – was rushed to hospital. He is currently in serious but stable condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897