Update: Woman Identified in Arnprior Vehicle Death
Case Number: 17-PVD-276
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-PVD-276
- In the early afternoon hours of September 25, 2017, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) was notified of a vehicle theft in the community of Eganville.
- The 20-year-old driver of the vehicle made his way to Arnprior, traveling on Highway 60 and then on Highway 17. At some point, OPP officers began to follow the vehicle.
- Sometime after 4 p.m., the vehicle was travelling northeast along Daniel Street South in Arnprior. At Daniel Street South and Edey Street, the vehicle collided with two other vehicles.
- The driver of the vehicle being investigated was rushed to hospital, where he remains. He is from Eganville. Ms. Welsh, the driver of one of the vehicles that was struck, was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision. The third vehicle that was struck was unoccupied.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342