SIU Investigating Injury Sustained by Man in Windsor
Case Number: 17-OCI-305
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-305
- Shortly before midnight on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, Windsor Police Service officers came across a man who was wanted on several outstanding warrants.
- When the man fled on foot, the police officers chased him.
- They managed to catch up to the man and he was arrested in the backyard of a residence on Vanier Street.
- He was later transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a hand injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342