SIU Investigating Death of Man in North Bay
Case Number: 18-OCD-053
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-053
- At approximately 5 a.m. On February 22, 2018, officers with the North Bay Police Service responded to a residence in response to a domestic dispute.
- Upon arrival, officers became involved in an interaction with a man.
- As a result of the man going into medical distress, he was transported by ambulance to hospital.
- At 6:21 a.m., the man was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342