SIU Investigating Vehicle Fatality in Napanee
Case Number: 18-PVD-068
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVD-068
- At approximately 3:30 p.m. on March 6, 2018, the Ontario Provincial Police was made aware of an SUV traveling at a high rate of speed on Bridge Street through the town of Napanee.
- Officers attempted to stop the SUV.
- On County Road 2, east of Barker Side Road, the SUV became involved in a collision with another vehicle. The female driver of that vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene.
- The driver of the SUV was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342