SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision in Bradford
Case Number: 18-OVI-224
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-224
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on July 24, 2018, South Simcoe Police Service officers began to investigate a vehicle at the Tanger Outlets in Cookstown.
- When the vehicle of interest left the parking lot, officers followed the vehicle.
- The vehicle proceeded to go eastbound on Highway 89, southbound on 10 Sideroad and then westbound on Highway 88.
- Just east of Highway 400, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a pickup truck traveling eastbound.
- Three occupants from the vehicle being followed and two from the pickup truck were taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342