SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision in Bradford
Case Number: 18-OVI-224
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-224
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on July 24, 2018, South Simcoe Police Service officers began to investigate a vehicle at the Tanger Outlets in Cookstown.
- When the vehicle of interest left the parking lot, officers followed the vehicle.
- The vehicle proceeded to go eastbound on Highway 89, southbound on 10 Sideroad and then westbound on Highway 88.
- Just east of Highway 400, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a pickup truck traveling eastbound.
- Three occupants from the vehicle being followed and two from the pickup truck were taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342