Update: SIU Bradford Investigation
Case Number: 18-OVI-224
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-224
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on July 24, 2018, South Simcoe Police Service (SSPS) officers began to investigate an incident that occurred at the Tanger Outlets in Cookstown.
- In the area of 10 Sideroad and 14 Line, a SSPS officer located a vehicle of interest, and began to follow it southbound on 10 Sideroad.
- The vehicle proceeded to go westbound on Highway 88. Just east of Highway 400, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a pickup truck traveling eastbound.
- The 32-year-old driver of the vehicle of interest, and his 31-year-old and 38-year-old male passengers, were transported to hospital for treatment. The 54-year-old male driver of the pickup truck was also taken to hospital. All four remain in hospital in serious but stable condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342