SIU Investigating Fatal Incident in Brampton
Case Number: 19-OCD-095
- At approximately 11:20 p.m. on May 1, 2019, Peel Regional Police officers attended a residence on Quarry Edge Drive in relation to a domestic incident.
- Police officers breached the door of the residence and entered the bathroom where they located a man with stab wounds. The man was apprehended. Paramedics attended to him and he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
- A woman was located in the home as well with serious injuries and transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
- A child from the home was transported to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342