SIU Investigating Death of Woman in London
Case Number: 19-OCD-264
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCD-264
- On the afternoon of Saturday, November 2, 2019, London Police Service (LPS) officers arrested the woman. She was taken to the police station where she was lodged in a cell.
- At approximately 9:45 a.m. the next day, the woman was found in her cell in medical distress. Naloxone was administered and the woman was taken to hospital.
- On the afternoon of Wednesday, November 13, 2019, the woman was pronounced dead in hospital.
- The post-mortem took place in London on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342