SIU Investigating After Woman Shot by Police Officer in Mississauga
Case Number: 20-OFI-109
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OFI-109
- Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on May 10, 2020, Peel Regional Police officers attended a residence on Ledbury Crescent in Mississauga for a domestic call.
- Upon arriving, officers located a man and a woman on a front porch of a residence. An interaction ensued between the officers and the individuals.
- Two of the officers discharged their conducted energy weapons. Following that, one of the officers discharged her firearm.
- A 34-year-old woman was struck. She was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342