SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Arrest of Man at Guelph Plaza
Case Number: 20-OCI-159
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCI-159
- On the evening of June 30, 2020, Guelph Police Service officers were conducting an investigation in the parking lot of a plaza located at Willow Road and Dawson Road.
- During that investigation, an interaction ensued between officers and several civilians.
- A 32-year-old man who was involved in the altercation was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342