Update: SIU Releases Identity of Man Involved in Manitoulin Island Fatal Shooting
Case Number: 20-PFD-314
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-PFD-314
- Post-mortems are underway in Toronto.
- SIU investigators remain in the area and continue to process the scene.
- At this time, three civilian witnesses have been interviewed.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342