SIU Investigating Custody Death in Orangeville
Case Number: 10-OCD-242
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCD-242
- On Wednesday November 10, 2010, the OPS arrested a 25-year-old Orangeville man for a provincial offence.
- The man was taken to the OPS station and lodged in a cell.
- At 7:43 a.m., the man was found to be in medical distress.
- Emergency Medical Services responded to the OPS station.
- The man was pronounced dead at 8:20 a.m.
- Three investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are currently assigned to this investigation.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342