SIU Releases Name of Deceased Male in Hamilton Investigation
Case Number: 11-OCD-037
Other News Releases Related to Case 11-OCD-037
Mississauga (7 March, 2011) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of 45-year-old Earl Douglas McAllister of Hamilton.
At this time the SIU has the following information:
• At approximately 11:00 am on March 5, 2011, officers with the Hamilton Police Service (HPS) responded to a domestic call to 225 ½ James Street North.
• In the process of arrest, officers became aware of injuries sustained by Mr. McAllister.
• Emergency Medical Services (EMS) responded and transported Mr.McAllister to Hamilton General Hospital.
• He was pronounced deceased at hospital.
• The SIU has designated three subject officers and three witness officers in relation to this incident.
A post-mortem examination took place this morning in Hamilton. Four SIU investigators and two SIU forensic investigators have been assigned to probe this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342