SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained by Man in Kingston
Case Number: 15-OCD-123
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-123
Mississauga (18 June, 2015) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 30-year-old man in Kingston today.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 2:50 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2015, officers with the Kingston Police Service were searching a wooded area near Conacher Drive for a male;
• Officers located the man and communicated with him;
• A short while later, the man sustained a gunshot wound to his head;
• He was transported via ambulance to the Kingston General Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned six investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342