Update: Man in Kingston Succumbs to Injuries
Case Number: 15-OCD-123
Other News Releases Related to Case 15-OCD-123
Mississauga (25 June, 2015) --- A 30-year-old man who sustained a gunshot wound last week in Kingston has succumbed to his injuries.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 2:50 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2015, officers with the Kingston Police Service were searching a wooded area near Conacher Drive for a male;
- Officers located the man and communicated with him;
- A short while later, the man sustained a gunshot wound to his head;
- He was transported via ambulance to the Kingston General Hospital for treatment.
The man was pronounced dead in hospital at 3 p.m. on June 24, 2015. At the request of family, the man’s name will not be released at this time.
Six investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU continue to probe the circumstances of this incident. At this time, two subject officers and six witness officers have been designated.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2314 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342