SIU Lays Charge against Peel Regional Police Officer
Case Number: 16-OVI-225
Other News Releases Related to Case 16-OVI-225
- In the morning hours of Sunday, August 28, 2016, the PRP Communications Centre received calls regarding a break and enter in progress. Police officers were dispatched.
- The subject officer was driving a police cruiser north on Mississauga Road. At the intersection of Mississauga Road and Barbertown Road, the subject officer’s cruiser struck a police officer who was directing traffic at the intersection.
- The police officer was injured and transported by ambulance to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342