SIU Investigating Man’s Fatal Fall from Apartment Window in Ottawa
Case Number: 20-OCD-256
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-256
- At approximately 9 a.m. on October 7, 2020, Ottawa Police Service officers attended an apartment building located at 2020 Jasmine Crescent to execute a search warrant.
- Soon after the officers breached the door of an apartment unit on the 12th floor, a man fell from the window to the ground below.
- Medical aid was provided to the man. However, he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342