October 23, 2020 Update into SIU Investigation in Ottawa
Case Number: 20-OCD-256
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-256
- Each of the nine officers designated as witness officers have now been interviewed.
- Four civilian witnesses have been interviewed thus far and more interviews are pending.
- Video footage relevant to the incident has been obtained.
- SIU Forensic Investigators have processed exhibits.
- The SIU’s Affected Persons Program continues to be actively involved.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342