Update: SIU Continues Investigation into Man’s Falling Death in Ottawa
Case Number: 20-OCD-256
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-256
- Three investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this incident.
- The post-mortem occurred this morning in Ottawa.
- At this time, two Ottawa Police Service officers have been designated as witness officers. Designation of the subject officer(s) is pending.
- The relevant scene has been examined, exhibits collected and one civilian witness has been interviewed.
- The name of the deceased is not being released at this time, as requested by the next of kin.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342