Update: Woman Identified in Windsor Death Case; SIU Appealing for Witnesses
Case Number: 17-OOD-267
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OOD-267
- At approximately 8 p.m. on Monday, September 4, 2017, a 26-year-old woman was part of a group of individuals gathered outside the Windsor Public Library located at 850 Ouellette Avenue. Windsor Police Service officers arrived and the woman was arrested and taken to the police station.
- As the woman was behaving erratically, EMS was called and the woman was transported to hospital.
- The woman was released from hospital the following day, but readmitted on September 10, 2017.
- She died in hospital on September 19, 2017.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342