SIU Investigating Falling Death of Woman in Toronto
Case Number: 20-TCD-124
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-TCD-124
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on May 27, 2020, Toronto Police Service officers responded to an apartment building on High Park Avenue, in the area of Glenlake Avenue, for a domestic incident.
- While officers were inside an apartment unit on the 24th floor, they observed a woman on the balcony.
- A short time later, the woman fell from the balcony to the ground below.
- She was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342