June 10, 2020 Update: SIU Investigation into Woman’s Fatal Fall from Toronto Balcony
Case Number: 20-TCD-124
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-TCD-124
- SIU investigators have completed a canvass of the area in an attempt to locate evidence and potential witnesses.
- Investigators have interviewed the subject officer, all five witness officers and seven civilian witnesses.
- Video footage captured by security cameras at 100 High Park Avenue, the apartment building in which Ms. Korchinski-Paquet resided, has been secured and reviewed.
- All materials requested by the SIU of the Toronto Police Service have been received.
- The SIU is waiting for the results of toxicological analysis.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342