Update: SIU Investigation into Woman’s Fatal Fall from Toronto Balcony
Case Number: 20-TCD-124
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-TCD-124
- A post-mortem was conducted yesterday in Toronto.
- Five witness officers have been designated, with four of them interviewed yesterday by SIU investigators. One subject officer has been designated. He is scheduled to speak with investigators later today.
- The scene was examined, and a canvass of the area was completed in an effort to locate witnesses and video footage.
- Investigators have spoken to several civilians who were able to shed some light on what transpired.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342